MAKE IT MEMORABLE WITH
Rock it out with a Rockabilly Themed hen
Rockabilly is one of the earliest styles of rock and roll music, dating to the early 1950s.
The term “rockabilly” is a portmanteau of “rock” (from “rock ‘n’ roll”) and “hillbilly”, the latter a reference to the country music (often called “hillbilly music” in the 1940s and 1950s) that contributed strongly to the style’s development. Other important influences on rockabilly include western swing, boogie woogie, and rhythm and blues. While there are notable exceptions, its origins lie primarily in the Southern United States.
Polka Dots/Coloured Leopard Print/Bright red Lips
Rockabilly Themed Hen Party Outfits:
- Halter dresses with sweet-heart necklines, bust ruching and fitted waists.
- High-waisted pencil skirts in either black or red.
- Full-gathered maxi skirts in floral prints or bright solid colours.
- High-waisted ankle-length pants, pired with men’s striped dress shirts (roll up the sleeves and tie a knot in the front). Consider heart tattoo-inspired necklaces, leopard print or hounds-tooth purses, headbands, hair nets and small classic earrings. For an extra touch, add a flower to your hair, preferably a red rose or a large vibrant flower matching the color of your outfit.
Hair & Make Up
For your eyes, apply a thick layer of eyeliner on your top lids, to create the “cat-eye” look. You may also wish to use some large, full false lashes to further enhance your eyes.
Finally, put a thick layer of bright red lipstick all over your lips.
The Quiff is essential…
- Decór for this theme would include some polka dots and a 1950’s diner. Get creative and use your imagination.
- Keeping the diner theme to inspire the Food, bottles of coke with straws, mini burgers and milkshakes are a great touch.
A really Suitable Rockabilly Themed Hen Party is the Vintage Tea Party In Carrick On Shannon,
Arrive at the Rockabilly themed Hair Salon where you will have the use of a private Tea Room You will all then get the essential 1950’s Quiff and Make Up done while the rest sit back and nibble away in the Tea Room.